about the tween book blog

This is the place to be for reviews of Tween and YA books! And, best of all, it is written by a 13-year-old who knows the perspective of tweens and teens!

Saturday 22 April 2017

I Dare You Book Tag

So, to start with I would like to say thank you to Megan at Probability Reading for nominating me for my FIRST EVER TAG (I am insanely proud!)

The rules are that:
  • You must be honest
  • You can't not answer a question
  • You have to tag at least four people

Here we go...

Which book has been on your shelves the longest?

The oldest book is one of my Grandpa's Asimov's, although that it a fairly new addition to my own collection. I would say that the one thats been their the longest is a copy of James and the Giant peach by Roald Dahl.

Image result for James and the giant peach

What is your current read, your last read and the book you'll read next?

My last read was Close Your Eyes by Nicci Cloke, my current read is the Cardturner by Louis Sachar, and who knows what my next read will be. Probably something that I pick up in the school library.

Image result for The Cardturner

What book(s) did everyone like that you hated?

I actually wrote a post about this one. The book in question was The Catcher in the Rye by J.D.Salinger.


Image result for no to the catcher in the rye

Which book do you keep telling yourself you'll read, but probably won't?

Swallows and Amazons by Arthur Ransome. I just can't bring myself to do it.


Image result for swallows and amazons

Which books are you saving for "retirement"?

I have absolutely no idea, and I generally don't know what I am going to read next, unless I have been given a recommendation.

Last Page: Read it first or wait till the end?

No, just no. It spoils the entire thing!

Acknowledgments: waste of ink and paper or interesting side?

I don't think that it is a waste of ink and paper, those people deserve to be thanked, yet I don't always read it as it generally isn't the most interesting part of the book.

Which book character would you switch places with?

Probably Charlie Bucket from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. He has a grim beginning but life is pretty good by the end. Or maybe Alton from The Cardturner. I don't think that life was too hard for him.

Image result for charlie and the chocolate factory book

Do you have a book that reminds you of something specific in life?

Not that I can remember I don't. Any book where the main character has a love of reading and/or coding.

Name a book that you acquired in some interesting way.

 Probably the most interesting are all the books that I won with Book Bingo in my primary school. I can't remember any specifically, but I think that it is a cool way to get books.

Have you ever given away a book for a special reason to a special person?

I can't say that I've really given books away, but I do sometimes lend them to relatives.

Which book has been with you the most places?

I think that it is probably Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card. That was the first book I got on my kindle, and I bring that with me on most holidays.

Image result for enders game

Any "Required reading" you hated in high school that wasn't too bad two years later?

When I first read Shakespeare with school, I didn't really like it, and was annoyed that we had to do a Shakespeare play as our school play, after spending a term studying him and his plays. But now I don't think that it is too bad!

Image result for shakespeare

What's the strangest item you've ever found in a book?

Nothing really springs to mind...

Have you ever read a Dan Brown?

Nope!

Have you ever seen a movie that you liked better than the book?

The harry potter series was alright... But then so were the books, so I'm not really sure if that's a proper answer!

Image result for harry potter film v books


A book that NEVER should have been published?

I have a tendency of liking most of the books I read. And even if I don't like them, I don't passionately hate them. All books have a right to be published.

Have you ever read a book that makes you hungry, cookbooks bing included from this question?

Going back to Harry Potter, any of the feasts in the great hall make me feel really hungry!

Image result for feast in the great hall

Who is the person whose book advice you'll always take?

The librarians at my school. (More than one person but WHATEVER!)

I nominate:

Jess at Jess Hearts Books
Nina at Death, Books and Tea
Zoe at Zoe's Book Blog
Cait at Paper Fury

If anyone else wants to do it, feel free, and leave me a link to the post in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment