about the tween book blog

This is the place to be for reviews of Tween and YA books! And, best of all, it is written by a 13-year-old who knows the perspective of tweens and teens!

Saturday 4 March 2017

When Mr Dog Bights

When Mr Dog Bights by Brian Conaghan

Dylan Mint has Tourette Syndrome, a condition that means he has tics, and often has violent verbal outbreaks. And he only has until march to live. So Dylan decideds to create a list. Cool Things to do Before I Cack It.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. This book was laugh out loud funny for older readers. That's actually something I find quite sad, because most LOL books are for 7 year olds. Anyway, as I was saying, this was just hilarious. I loved the randomness of the book, the way it jumped around. I also loved the underlying seriousness of the plot. Also, there was always something nagging at you, that something wasn't right, but I personally couldn't work out what it was (I may just be very stupid 😀). Anyways, I really liked the book, and I think I really like Brian Conaghan as an Author. So...

I am going to give it a 10/10
And an age rating of 13+

Also, exciting news!

Apparently, according to Google, a tween is age 8 -14, so I can keep this blog for at least another 2 years. To be honest, I'm hopefully not going to stop when I reach 14.😃


Sorry about my original spelling mistake. I've been told it's Bights not bites. Sppeling iss knot mie stronng pointe.

No comments:

Post a Comment