about the tween book blog

This is the place to be for reviews of Tween and YA books! And, best of all, it is written by a 13-year-old who knows the perspective of tweens and teens!

Wednesday 1 March 2017

A Book Everyone Likes That I wasn't So Sure About

So, last week I read The Catcher in the Rye by J.D.Salinger. I am sad to say that even though I liked the style of writing (although 'A Perfect Day for Bananafish' was better), and I liked Holden, I didn't like the book.

See, the problem was it had no plot. Or at least not one that I could detect. I mean, he's a rebellious kid, and he wanders around New York. Thats feels about it. Is there really a storyline in that?

Anyway, the reason I am writing this post is not just so that I can insult The Catcher in the Rye. No, what I am doing is opening it for debate. Is there a plot to The Catcher in the Rye? And if so, what is it?

I would love to find out what you think, in comments, on twitter, or even in a blog post. Hopefully, at least one person agrees with me...

Image result for no to the catcher in the rye

No comments:

Post a Comment