about the tween book blog

This is the place to be for reviews of Tween and YA books! And, best of all, it is written by a 13-year-old who knows the perspective of tweens and teens!

Saturday 11 February 2017

Of Mice and Men

I know it's a bit late to be telling you this, but this month I will be reading classics. So, let's kick it off with a review of of mice and men by John Steinbeck.

George and Lennie are looking for work. They have dreams of getting their own farm, but they need money. When they find it, at a ranch, Lennie is told to keep quite. But unfortunately, the Bosses son soon takes a disliking to Lennie, and the book spirals from there.

To be honest, I don't really like classics but Of Mice and Men surprised me! It wasn't one of those books that goes so far into detail that you find yourself dropping off. No, it was full of action (within moderation) and it was very believable. The way the characters spoke made them sound like they had had a hard life, which was true. The only thing I'd say is that it is a very short book, only about 100 pages long, so it's not great if your looking for a long book to read over the half term. Also, there was a lot of swearing which I thought was unnecessary.

I am going to give it a 7/10
And an age rating of 12+


No comments:

Post a Comment