about the tween book blog

This is the place to be for reviews of Tween and YA books! And, best of all, it is written by a 13-year-old who knows the perspective of tweens and teens!

Tuesday 2 August 2016

Chasing the Stars

Chasing the Stars by Malorie Blackman

Nathan and his friends are stuck on a planet in Mazon territory. Olivia, and her brother Adrian are in their spaceship, on there own. When Olivia picks up a distress signal from Nathan's mum, she meets Nathan, and they fall hopelessly in love. Unfortunately, not everyone is happy with this.

Firstly, I like the way one of the main characters basically has my name. I thinks thats the first time someones been called Nat, and not been a girl. ( I am talking about books I have read. If you can think of any others, please leave the name of the book in the comments). Now, moving onto the actual story, I liked the plot, and I loved the twist at the end. The book is mostly a romantic thriller, but there is a bit of a who-done-it thrown in. The book has you screaming something at it, until the last minute, when you realise you were wrong.

I am going to give it a 9/10
and an age rating of 11+

No comments:

Post a Comment