about the tween book blog

This is the place to be for reviews of Tween and YA books! And, best of all, it is written by a 13-year-old who knows the perspective of tweens and teens!

Wednesday 20 April 2016

The Apple Tart of Hope

The Apple Tart of Hope by Sarah Moore Fitzgerald

When Oscar goes missing, everyone presumes he's dead. Everyone, that is, except Meg and Stevie. Meg can't think of why Oscar would run away. It turns out, however, that there is a lot she doesn't know.

I was captivated by this story. So captivated that I was still awake at 11p.m. reading it. The plot is genius and the characters are well thought up. I think it reflects the way that a lot of bullied young people probably feel and could help to identify it. My only criticism is that, you actually know what's happened to Oscar all the way through, which I found ad you (mentally) screaming at the book to speed up.

I am going to give it a 9/10
and an age rating of 12+ due to some slightly inappropriate sections

No comments:

Post a Comment